Posted on Tue, 15 Sep 2020
The Trust is really pleased to share a recent and ongoing success with one of our Veteran beneficiaries. Having come to us just over 2 months ago, the Trust has been able to:
- provide safe, secure accommodation in which he can call home;
- a listening ear to understand where he’s been and where he wants to go;
- guidance and support helping to setup those weekly/monthly administrative tasks that can be so foreign to those who have served all of their adult life;
- initially, some local volunteer work undertaking ground works at a local property and around the Buchanan Trust estate; -booked on several courses to help upskill;
- now 6 weeks into self-employment, working and developing as a skilled labourer on a housing development.
On behalf of the Trustees and our Veteran Support Manager, we are proud to provide this level of support for our Armed Forces Veterans. This is one of the good news stories, however, this support can only be offered to those who are able to speak out and ask for help or supported by others to do so.
If you know someone who would benefit from the services provided by the Buchanan Trust, support them to speak out.